The topic today: How to use the Trim command in AutoCAD 2023?
In AutoCAD 2023 and the same as the previous version, the Trim command is used to remove unwanted lines or portions of a drawing to create a clean and precise design. Here’s how to use the Trim command:
1. Launch AutoCAD 2023 and open a drawing, or create a new one.
2. On the Home tab in the Modify panel, click the “Trim” command icon. You can also type “TRIM” or “TR” in the command prompt and press Enter to activate the Trim command.
3. You’ll be prompted to “Select cutting edges,” which are the objects used to trim other parts of your drawing. Click on the lines or objects you want to use as cutting edges. You can select multiple objects by holding down the Shift key while clicking on each one, or use a crossing window to select multiple objects at once.
4. Press Enter once you have selected all cutting edges.
5. Now you’ll be prompted to “Select objects to trim.” Click on the parts of the drawing you want to remove. The objects will be removed at the intersection of the cutting edges. You can select multiple objects by holding down the Shift key while clicking each one, or use a crossing window to select multiple objects at once.
6. Press Enter to complete the Trim command. Your drawing will now only show the desired portions and the discarded parts will be removed.
Tip: You can also use the “Edge” mode by typing “EDGE” or “E” after selecting the cutting edges and pressing Enter. This allows you to trim objects using an imaginary cutting edge formed by extending the cutting edges to the boundary of the drawing area.
Thanks for visiting and reading AutoCADtip.com Blog!