The topic today: How to use the Scale command in AutoCAD 2023?
In AutoCAD 2023, the Scale command allows you to resize objects proportionally, maintaining their original shape and proportion. To use the Scale command, follow these steps:
1. Open AutoCAD 2023 and open the drawing in which you want to scale objects.
2. Make sure the object(s) you want to scale is already drawn on the screen.
3. Type ”SCALE” in the command line or click on the Scale button from the Modify panel under the Home tab. You can also press the ”SC” key as a shortcut.
4. Select the objects you want to scale by clicking on them. When all the objects are selected, press Enter.
5. Specify the base point, which is the reference point from where the scaling will occur. This can be any point depending on how you want to scale the object. Click on your desired point in the drawing area to set the base point.
6. Type the scale factor, which determines the magnitude of scaling. A scale factor greater than 1 will enlarge the object, while a scale factor between 0 and 1 will reduce the object’s size. Press Enter after typing the scale factor. For example, typing ”2” will double the size, while typing ”0.5” will reduce the object by half.
7. The object or objects will now be scaled based on the chosen base point and scale factor.
Remember that the scale factor is a multiplier, so if you want to increase the size of an object by 25%, you would use a scale factor of 1.25, and to decrease it by 25%, you would use a scale factor of 0.75.
Thanks for reading and visiting AutoCADtip.com Blog!