The topic today: How to use the Offset command in AutoCAD 2023?
In AutoCAD 2023 and the previous version, the Offset command allows you to create parallel copies of lines, polylines, circles, and other objects at a specific distance. Here’s how to use the Offset command:
1. Start AutoCAD 2023 and open a drawing or create a new one.
2. Type “OFFSET” on the command line or Command Search box, then press Enter. Alternatively, you can click the Offset icon button from the Modify panel on the Home tab.
3. The command prompt will display: “Specify offset distance or [Through/Erase/Layer] <Through>:”
4. Enter the desired offset distance and press Enter. For example, if you want to create a parallel line 5 units away from the original line, type “5” and press Enter. You can also use the Through option to pick a point through which the offset object should pass.
5. Click on the object you want to offset. This will be the “source object.”
6. Move your cursor in the direction where you want the offset object to be created. You’ll see a preview of the new object. Click to confirm the position of the offset object.
7. If you want to create multiple offsets, repeat steps 5-6 with the same offset distance or specify a new distance in step 4.
8. To exit the Offset command, press the Escape key or type “Exit” and press Enter.
Note: The Erase option allows you to delete the original object after creating its offset. The Layer option allows you to specify which layer the offset object should be created on. If you want to use these options, enter “E” or “L” at the command prompt in step 3, then follow the prompts accordingly.
Thanks for visiting and reading the AutoCADtip.com blog!