The topic today: How to use the Region command in AutoCAD 2023?
In AutoCAD 2023 and the same previous version, to use the “Region” command to create a 2D region object from a closed area or loop of 2D objects such as lines, polylines, circles, or curves, follow these steps:
1. Start AutoCAD 2023 and open your drawing or create a new drawing.
2. Draw or select a closed loop of 2D geometry, such as lines, arcs, circles, or polylines, to create a region from. The loop must be closed, so ensure that all the lines connect without gaps or overlaps.
3. Type “REGION” or “REG” in the command line or in the dynamic input box and press Enter. This will start the Region command.
4. Select the objects you want to create a region from. You can click on individual objects or use window selections to encompass multiple objects. After selecting the objects, press Enter.
5. AutoCAD will create the region object and display it in your drawing. The new region object may take on the color, line type, and other properties of the original objects.
6. To modify the region, use AutoCAD commands like move, scale, rotate, or mirror as required. You can also use commands like “Union,” “Subtract,” or “Intersect” for combining regions, respecting their area and geometric properties.
Note: Remember that regions can be used for various applications, such as finding the area and perimeter of closed shapes, using them in 3D modeling, or performing Boolean operations.
Thanks for visiting and reading AutoCADtip.com Blog! I hope that the content is helpful to everyone.