In some case, you have complex layout shape. How to calculate area in AutoCAD drawing?
- Type AREA at the command prompt
- Pick points for area calculation
Specify first corner point or [Object/Add area/Subtract area] <Object>: Pick
Specify next point or [Arc/Length/Undo]: Pick
Specify next point or [Arc/Length/Undo/Total] <Total>: Pick
- Press ENTER when you are finished choosing points.
Area =? Perimeter =?
In this command, AutoCAD give three options to you
- Object – Allows user to pick an object to calculate area (circle or polyline).
- Add – Adds separate areas for a total area calculation
- Subtract – Subtracts areas from each other.
- Type LI at the command prompt
- Select object need to calculate area
- Press ENTER
Note: LI command only applies to objects that are circle or polyline. Area and Li command is not only calculates area but also calculate perimeter for object. In addition, Li command can calculate for object.