Building Construction Illustrated 5th Edition Book
By Author: Francis D. K. Ching
The classic visual guide to the basics of building construction, now with a 3D digital building model for interactive learning.
For over three decades, Building Construction Illustrated has offered an outstanding introduction to the principles of building construction. This new edition of the revered classic remains as relevant as ever, providing the latest information in Francis D.K. Ching’s signature style. Its rich and comprehensive approach clearly presents all of the basic concepts underlying building construction.
New to this edition are digital enhancements delivered as an online companion to the print edition and also embedded in e-book editions. Features include a 3D model showing how building components come together in a final project.
- llustrated throughout with clear and accurate drawings that present the state of the art in construction processes and materials
- Updated and revised to include the latest knowledge on sustainability, incorporation of building systems, and use of new materials
- Contains archetypal drawings that offer clear inspiration for designers and drafters
- Reflects the 2012 International Building Codes and 2012 LEED system
This new edition of Building Construction Illustrated remains as relevant as ever, with the most current knowledge presented in a rich and comprehensive manner that does not disappoint.
1. THE BUILDING SITE
2. THE BUILDING
3. FOUNDATION SYSTEMS
4. FLOOR SYSTEMS
5. WALL SYSTEMS
6. ROOF SYSTEMS
7. MOISTURE AND THERMAL PRETECTION
8. DOORS AND WINDOWS
9. SPECIAL CONSTRUCTION
10. FINISH WORK
11. MECHANICAL AND ELECTRICAL SYSTEMS
12. NOTES ON MATERIALS
Buy Book >> Building Construction Illustrated